Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

To perfume or not to perfume?

The skin is the largest organ in the human body.One of it's primary functions is involved in the body's immune system.It acts as a an anatomical barrier from pathogens.Why would a healthy person want to bypass this important part of their immune system with an injection of a pathogen(and other toxic substances) directly into their circulatory system?

Did you know the word "fragrance" alone consists of 500-800 chemicals, which are carcinogens, neurotoxins, aldehydes, phenols, phthalates, ethanol, and the list is almost endless. None of the fragrance chemicals have ever been tested for safety, and they qualify as hazardous waste. It’s not just about air fresheners it’s about the ingredient “fragrance.” The worst part about today’s chemicals and products is that they do not even list the ingredients.

Most everything that says "fragrance" is typically produced synthetically-usually anything marketed to make something "smell good". This includes both cleaning supplies and air fresheners. A recent government report targeted these fragrances of 1 of 6 categories of chemicals that should be given the highest priority for neurotoxicity, testing along with insecticide, heavy metals, solvents, food additives, and air pollutants. Eight-four percent of the ingredients used in fragrances have never been tested for human toxicity, or have only minimal testing. These chemicals cause neurological damage, multiple-chemically sensitivity and increased immune response.

I use to wear perfume, use lotions from all those bath and body places, have those tree air fresheners in my car plus different glad plug ins in my home along with burning candles of every scent. I didn't know then what I know now and I didn't know the reason behind why I didn't feel good. I just thought it was just certain health issues and that was who I was. Air fresheners aren't the only reason I was sick but they added onto my burden of the other things.

I still use lotion (healthy and non-toxic lotions) and I even have an essential oil perfume I use from Whole Foods from time to time. Beeswax candles with non-lead wicks are what I use when I want to burn candles. I am just more cautious now and read the ingredients of everything I put on my skin and body.

Tip: Ladies when you buy beauty products, perfumes, lotions, research the ingredients and take it a step further and research the word "fragrance" and make sure its essential oils if you are making a switch. A lot of products today say "organic" and still use fragrance which is not good! I say this a lot in my blogs but please take note just because it says organic doesn't mean it is any better for you!

Ladies to research your beauty products go to this website and see what's in your lotions and make up. You want to stay under 5. 1 or 2 is best.

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com

Check out this link for more information on toxic chemicals found in air fresheners:

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/household-safety/tips/air-freshener-dangers1.htm"

No comments:

Post a Comment