Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Words of Encouragement

It’s about the journey, not the destination.

When you feel discouraged or if you are going through a difficult time remember that it’s not about destination, but the journey you are taking to get to the destination.

In life, we are faced with obstacles and sometimes it seems as though we will never see an ending to certain road blocks in our lives. I can assure you I have been faced with many road blocks throughout my life so far. It’s about keeping on when you don’t feel like it. It’s about pushing through when you think you can’t. Don’t give up. Don’t be discouraged. Hang in there. Easy to say right? I could never say it if I hadn’t been through trials myself.

When I was at my sickest there were days I didn’t know how I was going to get through. For some reason I always felt better at night, barely making it through the day and I actually have days still where I am better at night then in the morning. We joke at our office about “morning Heather” and “afternoon Heather.” Some days, especially during detox I can get a little grumpy. But soon as the afternoon comes I’m feeling better. There is reasoning behind this and that is your body builds up inflammation at night from moving toxins around. When you wake up, your cortisol drops in morning (it’s supposed to rise) from the toxins which interfere with your adrenals.

I truly thank God He has placed people in my life that can joke about this and put up with me! When I’m feeling like “morning Heather” it’s hard to keep the mind set on the journey and stay focused and determined. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve said “why can’t I just be normal.” It’s so easy when I’m not feeling well to fall into the frustration and start asking “why.”

This applies to life in general whether or not you have a neurotoxic illness or not, when your down or something is bothering you have to keep on keeping on. The reason I say this is because the more you feed a negative issue the more negative and down you become. You have to surround yourself around good people that will help lift you up and also support you. Sometimes in life we are “waiting” .. waiting for our hope, dream, desire or goal to come true. During the “waiting” times, it can be so easy to give up and become depressed, down and out especially when things do not go as planned. That is where we need to NOT allow ourselves to go. We need to be stronger and push through it and find a way to overcome our challenges. Personally, my hope is in the Lord. He has brought me through trials I never thought I could get through. He is my hope, my dream, my desire. He is the one that places confidence deep inside to push through whatever trial I’m going through.

Yes, I’m human and I’ve experienced times where I wanted to give up, throw in the towel and yes I’ve even thrown grown up tantrums. I’ve even had it out with God himself because I was so frustrated that I didn’t think I’d see the destination I was hoping for. But then He showed up, brought me through it and I was okay. So I’m here today to tell you to keep moving along.. keep pushing through whatever the issue that lies deep inside that bothers you. God knows the desire in your heart and he wants to bless you!

Remember the journey is the reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment